Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Star Trek: The Lost Episode "Kitchen Trek"

The 5th Wheel realizes that Star Trek has nothing to do with barbershop, (Unless you're Hi-Fidelity). However, it will offer a glimpse of creativity and style that is yet to come when the new 5th Wheel site launches in a few weeks. It won't have a Star Trek theme (We promise). This is just to give you an idea of the humor and witty storytelling that lies ahead (Oh God... open mouth, insert gun barrel). The 5th Wheel will contain video news reports as well as stories that have an odd humorous twist that will even make George Carlin smile (Making a corpse smile is indeed, impressive).
Backstory: In 2001 I bought my first digital camcorder. I was a crew member for a television show and on the side, was doing some part time apprentice work with the post production team. I wanted to test out the camera so I created this short movie entitled Kitchen Trek. Is it stupid? (No) Yes. Will you still laugh? Yes. (Probably AT me.) But that's OK.
I didn't get to finish the video because my camera was stolen. About six months ago I found the video on my computer and decided to finish it. I threw in a couple more speaking lines, added some music and credits and wrapped it up into a fine piece of filmmaking (Can you say, "Oscar?"). I was roommates with James Sabina (He always had to borrow my toilet paper.) at the time, so forgive his dirty toilet. Also, most of you may not know this but dartboards and guitars are still popular in the 23rd Century.
So, sit back, turn up the volume, grab some popcorn and a coke, and BEHOLD... in all its GLORY!
KITCHEN TREK


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is 4:23 of my life I will never get back. Thanks a lot.

Derick Sturke said...

Sabina collecting stool samples????

Yech!

Anonymous said...

I'm needing a fix...

Anonymous said...

that was your toilet...you were the one that used the guest bathroom...besides i distinctly remembr having a cleaning crew consisting mostly of dwarves come in once a week to spruce things up...

james